Wednesday, November 5, 2008

There I Was

There I was, standing behind a column. Watching you from afar as you enjoy your day. With the friends you love so dear, you talk about one true love. You say she had long shiny hair, red cherry lips, and a smile full of hope. I wondered and wondered, who is this one true love of yours is.

There I was, searching for the girl of your dreams. Searching to let her know that she was being loved. My journey continues, but no luck. It was hard to find her. Again and again I wondered, why am I searching for her presence just to congratulate her with a smile.

There I was, so confused inside. Why is there no pain. If there is, why isn't it tearing me to pieces? Wandering thoughts start to pile up and explode. And now I'm back in reality, away from the thoughts which caused me my own pain.

There I was, resting under a shady green tree. Exhausted from the journey that was a complete failure. Suddenly, I see you standing from a distance, staring at my eyes. It could be a dream, for I see you coming closer and closer, your feet stepping on the solid ground, towards me. My heart starts to pound faster and faster that I now know that this wasn't a dream, it was real.

There I was, shocked, silent as a mouse. There you are coming so close to me. Holding my warm hand, touching my black long shiny hair, looking at my deep dark brown eyes, and asked me to show that hopeful smile. Our faces getting so close and closer.

No comments: